Noticed small raised itchy bump on back and shoulder. What it could be?

I am a 43 year old female. Yesterday I noticed a small (less than 1 inch) raised and bumpy area on my back - upper area of my left shoulder. It itched. Today it stopped itching, but it has increased in size to about 2 inches and is more swollen. Today there is also a lump under the skin on the left upper part of my neck which is burning hot, swollen, and painful - it feels like a small lymph node. I am wondering what this could be.
I have a ton of severe skin allergies - adhesive of any kind (like on bandaids and paper tape), cold urticaria, neosporin,and several others. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. I stopped nursing my fourth son 3 weeks ago, he is almost 8 months old.
I am taking the following medications: Glucophage (pre-diabetes), Diovan (HBP), Wellbutrin (Mild Depression)

I have never had this type of single welt before, nor have I ever found a swollen lump anywhere.
Please advise.
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified medical specialist with an additional degree in Cardiology. I read your question with diligence.
If any of these 4 signs are present you ought to see a doctor as soon as possible for it may be localized infection (possibly involving root of hair) which can lead to complications unless treated:
1. Swelling which increases in size (you have this!)
2. Warmth over the swelling as compared to surrounding area
3. Redness over the swelling (you can use mirror or have someone look)
4. Throbbing sensation in the area of lesion
Therefore, I will urge you to see a doctor on semi urgent basis if it is late in the day please visit an emergency room. For at this stage treatment will be simple. Good Luck.
If you have any more followup question, I will be only too happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Medical Specialist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW