Noticed small painless lump on legs that leaves indentation after pressing. What is it?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I noticed a small lump on my leg, by my shin, if I press on it, it leaves an indentation for a bit. It's not painful and I checked my other leg and there is one there as well but lower, closer to my ankle. This might be normal but just happened to notice it
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: They could be Lipoma's (Fat deposits). Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Based on your description, most possibly, they could be Lipoma's which are benign swellings and are distributed all over the body. They are Harmless and needs no concern. But, you need to consult your doctor when the swelling - suddenly started to increase in size - abruptly becoming painful - changes in the shape or colour or texture Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further Regards