Noticed small freckle-like spots on ankles and the tops of feet. What they could be?

Excellent

Question
I am 24 years old and recently noticed small freckle-like spots on my ankles and the tops of my feet. I'm just curious as to what they could be. I have been wearing more constrictive shoes lately and I'm not sure if that's the cause.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

The picture you provided was quite helpful. The spots you are having on your feet and also on your ankles are not freckle but they appears more likely melanin spots that often appears due to prolonged exposure to sun. They are not harmful until the progress rapidly and increases in quantity and size. A visit to dermatologist is recommended.

If you still have some queries feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Noticed small freckle-like spots on ankles and the tops of feet. What they could be? 7 hours later
My feet are rarely exposed to the sun though. I wear shoes and socks a vast majority of the day.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 4 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the reply.

Your feet might no be exposed but rest of your body is exposed and its process of melanin formation which appears mostly on feet and ankle. The pattern of rash you are having appears to two types of condition. the first one which i already told you is due to the exposure to sunlight which is the most probable and secondly this type of rash occurs due to venous stasis resulting in petechial rash. the small venous capillaries becomes weak and leaks hemoglobin giving such appearance

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Thanks