Noticed small bump in neck area. Feel hard. Cannot move. What can this be?

Tiny bebe size ball in middle of neck area feels like it is just under skin very hard does not move around
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs physical examination

Detailed Answer:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem , I would tell you that this is a very non specific finding but still we can discuss possibilies .

The greatest possibilty is that it will be an enlarged lymph node , which is the commonest pea sized swelling in neck area , sometimes they can be hard and fixed also . Next can be some cyst but the possibilty is very less .

I will advise you to see an ENT specialist because physical examination is necessary to identify the swelling , its consistency and location etc . Only after that further plan of management can be decided .

Dr. Shruti