Noticed sensitivity to touch across the head. Whole back side hurts when touched lightly. Remedy?

Nov 2013

Approximately a year ago I noticed sensitivity to touch across the upper back side of my head, below the crown. The whole back side hurts when touched lightly with a brush or my fingertips. At the time it started, coincidentally my hair started falling out, not in clumps but noticeably thinning to the extreme. It has progressively gotten worse. Tapping my skull or pushing on it is very painful.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
My reply is below

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry about them.

These symptoms are suggestive of neuropathic pain, which seems to be arising from the scalp nerves. The increased sensitivity of the nerves (called as hyperaesthesia) in the scalp could occur due to injury, decreased blood supply or vitamin deficiencies.

At the present time, you could benefit from using pregabalin capsules along with vitamin B12 supplements.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My blog: