Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed semen discharge in spite of having erection. What is the problem?

Jul 2016

why am i producing sperm when my testes havent dropped or my penis gotten longer?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted, I am unable to understand your problem as it is not clearly or properly stated in your query.

Assuming that you have some whitish discharge coming out through your urethral opening in spite of you not having erection and you have a doubt of it being a semen ( sperm).

I would like to state that it is not a semen or sperm but a discharge containing excessive secretions of Periurethral glands located in urethra.This can be confirmed by doing microscopic examination of a drop of discharge .

This is common at this age and nothing to worry about it .It will get resolved of its own over a period-of time.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.