Noticed redness in eye of a five month old. What is the cause and cure?

my son is 5 months old and on his left eye there is slight redness just above the eye ball and also on teh corner of teh eyebal;l there seems to be as thin transparent film . This is happening just since last 2 days
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
this part of allergy that your son is developing,if the redness is not too much than we would like you to use lubricant drops and this is associated with itching also the non steroid anti allergic drops will be called for.
We will be happy if the child is observed for some time and if the problem persists then think about the treatment.
Please do get back to me in case of any problem.
Follow-up: Noticed redness in eye of a five month old. What is the cause and cure? 32 minutes later
How long should we observe the condition? I mean a day or two? Is Tobacin a safe drop to use in this case? i happened to read in the internet that sometimes if a rong drop is usde then teh infection can spread more in the eyes.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
thanks for getting back to us.
Tobacin is a very safe drop for children,but he does not have infection.In infections child will have a lot of discharge,your son does not have discharge in the eye.
Let us observe him for a day or two and he should hopefully be fine