Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed red spots on penis. Used neosporin. Is this a serious problem?

my husband and I almost never have sex. maybe once every 2 weeks. I know he loves porn and he masturbates however he claims he hasn't done it in months and yet we have no sex. Question: the other day we had sex and before we even began anything other than him going down on me... I noticed he had a large red oval spot/chafted on the underside of his penis. He said he go it from rubbing against the sheets but... it was raw and big. Then later it went away with neosporin. But before it went away it was kind of brown/scabbed and cracking... after a month I saw it again. If we never have sex what can this be?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 51 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Such sort of spots can be due to several reasons, most common includes infectious rash either bacterial, viral or fungal also known as yeast infection, allergic or friction rash.

As you have been suspectng that your husband might be masturbating and he himself have given a statement that he has been rubbing that against the sheets. There might be possibility as continuous friction do causes a rash and sensitivity which causes skin to dry and scab formation for replacement of new skin.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.

Follow-up: Noticed red spots on penis. Used neosporin. Is this a serious problem? 17 hours later

Thank u for your response. He does not have a rash and there are No bumbs. Just 1 large raw spot on the underside of the penis. My concern is we dont have sex so can this be caused by Hi having sex with someone else...maybe caused by vigorous sex. Or agressive Bjob by someone elses lower teeth? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

In medical terminology, any spot or discoloration is taken as rash and such spots is not caused by any vigorous sex or normal sex or blow job with anyone. As stated it can be caused with friction against some rough or hard surface. With teeth there is no spot but scratch marks which might be in a form of multiple transverse lines. Vaginal sex also do not cause it because it releases natural lubricants which makes it more comfortable for two skin to pass by.

Hope you got your answer, if you still have some query, feel free to ask