Noticed red patch on white part of eye, no pain or vision change. Cause and cure?

I woke up with a red patch on the white part of my left eye. no pain np change in vision, just the red patch. we had bad news about a family member yesterday and I was crying and rubbing my eye.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

The description you gave suggests me of subconjunctival hemorrhage.

This might have occurred because of excessive rubbing of eye that you are stating.

Although subconjunctival hemorrhage may look XXXXXXX it subsides on its own and no treatment is required.

I hope your blood pressure is within normal limits.

Please consult your doctor if there is any bruising or bleeding from anywhere. Please consult your doctor if the symptoms persist, if there is pain in the eye, or if there is any discharge from the eye.

Hope this helps.