Noticed red and itchy bites. Hurts and clear liquid oozes out from it. Any thoughts?

hi, my daughter has what appears to be bites, red around the outside. first they were itching her, but now they hurt and are oozing clear liquid. any thoughts?
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hi, I would be happy to try and help you with your question. Please answer these questions first:

1. When did these first appear?
2. Exactly how long were they present before they started oozing?
3. Did they look like blisters before they started oozing?
4. Where exactly are they located?

Please answer these questions and I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Noticed red and itchy bites. Hurts and clear liquid oozes out from it. Any thoughts? 5 hours later
1. Yesterday morning around 10. I put stockings on her in the morning and didn't notice anything. She complained of itching throughout the day and eventually we took the stockings off.
2. Later that same day. We noticed around 8 at night.
3. I think so, not 100%.
4. Only on her legs.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 9 minutes later
I am really racking my brain trying to help you. I am at a loss but here are my thought:

1. Some kind of contact dermatitis (like poison ivy)
2. Bug bites (like bed bugs)

A picture would be extremely helpful (which I think you can attach to a response)

In the meantime, I would apply some hydrocortisone cream liberally 2-3 times per day.