Noticed purple blotches on upper thigh and under arms. How to remove this?

my upper thigh has large area of purple blotches and my upper underarms as well. The arm is a large flat patch of purple above and below the actual arm pit. The upper thigh is just bothes of purple
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
There are many possible causes for discoloration of skin on thighs and armpits. More common causes are allergic reaction, infection, fixed drug reaction, pigmentation problems like benign melanosis, lentigo etc.
Some discolouration can occur due to previous infections or allergies in the area.

Most commonly it is benign and not XXXXXXX Usually no treatment is required if it is Benign Melanosis, but needs to be evaluated thoroughly. A direct examination by a dermatologist is an integral part of diagnosis.
To treat these patches, apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. Use a mild cleanser and if the skin is dry, a light moisturizer. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy XXXXXXX vegetables and take a daily vitamin supplement. You should also apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kojic acid on the patches.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.