Noticed painful blood blisters around pubic region. Is there any home remedies to get rid of these?

Hi, I have a couple of blood blisters that were caused from what I believe ingrown hairs around my pubic region They were pretty painful for a handful of days at a time and some of them burst on their own caused from wearing a belt and the buckle pressuring it from sitting down. Now they have left a scar which seems to be blood filled, ( i only assume because its a XXXXXXX red/purple scar). Is there any home remedies I can do to get rid of these? Anything suggestions as to what to purchase? I don't have the option right now to see a doctor either. Oh and I have been trying anti-bacterial body wash in the shower and it helped when the blisters were inflated, but not by much. I Just want to get rid of the marks that were left over now.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
The red and purple scars left by the blood blisters seem to be due to mild reactive hyperpigmentation or local oozing of blood. These scars are likely to subside on their own gradually over weeks without any treatment.
You can also apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kojic acid on the dark patches.
If the pigmentation is severe and persistent then topical bleaching agents and chemical peels will help you. You can get these done under the guidance of your dermatologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.