Noticed orange jelly like substance and white mucus in stools. Had surgery to repair a prolapse bowel. Suggestions?

i have recently noticed an orange type jelly sometines when passing stools? i feel very healthy and well, and eat a very healthyy diet, with alot of salad and fresh veg. I cant say exactly how long this has happened for but have noticed that sometimes i think i need to pass a stool but it is just gas and this jelly. i have noticed some white mucus in the stool as well, but not very often. Also twice over the last month a brown (small) stain on my underwear, not very big - size of a XXXXXXX it is not smelly. I had major surgery to repair a prolapse bowel in Nov 2011, which was very painful and a long recovery. I beleive she removed a polyp at the same time that I did not know i had. I seem to recall this brown jelly some years ago but cant be sure. Im desperately worried its something sertious. please advise!
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely a blood clot

Detailed Answer:

From what you had described the jelly like thing is a blood clot. I appreciate your diet stuff but you seem to be running a risk of having a polyp in the bowel. The polyp has a risk of bleed and mucus as well. The recurrence of polyp is common and some undetected polyps would be detectable now.

Are you still undergoing colonoscopy as part of annual health check? I encourage you to get evaluated with the help of your GP and Gastroenterologist.

I would not dismiss it to be a common thing but warrants a complete work up by Gastroenterologist. Let me know if you need any clarification on the issues discussed.