Noticed lump behind nipple. Should I consult a doctor?

There is a lump/cyst behind my left nipple, it hurt the first couple days when it was forming but now it doesn't hurt unless I press on it. Do you think it could disappear after a while / should I see a doctor asap?
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
It is not an emergency to see a doctor immediately unless the lump is infected. As you have described that the pain is reducing and has no other symptoms you can wait and watch for 2-3 days that who it reacts?

But you feel any fever, increase in the size of lump, pain become worse or has some discharge than you should consult your doctor as soon as possible.

You doctor can confirm the cause of lump by some investigations like fine needle aspiration test (FNAC) or scan. Accordingly treatment can be planned. Meanwhile you can take antibiotic as a preventive measure to the infection and anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs to reduce pain and swelling. Consuming Marijuana does not cause these types of lumps as per my knowledge.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back if you have another query in your mind. I will be happy to answer it.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh