Noticed long welt on stomach. Type 1 diabetic and on insulin pump. Is the welt related to diabetes?

Hi, I just noticed a thin, about 2 inch long welt on my stomach. It is to the left of my belly button about 6 in (my left). It isn't sore, and doesn't itch. I am also a type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump, its not around the site area. But I just didn't know if my diabetes would have anything to do with it. Just wondering if this is anything to be concerned about. Thanks!
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
is it like a wheal or a rash ? how is your diabetes control? if the welt persists it may need to be looked at. people within diabetes are prone to certain types of skin problems but this seems unusual. keep an eye on it and see if other similar reactions occur on your skin
Follow-up: Noticed long welt on stomach. Type 1 diabetic and on insulin pump. Is the welt related to diabetes? 7 minutes later
My blood sugar has been up and down here latley. Gettin it leveled back out the past few days. My a1c was at a 7.6 when I got checked a couple weeks ago, which was lower tgan the 3 months before it is a welt, but seems to be going down now. When I contacted you I had just gotten out of a hot shower, not sure if that makes a difference or not?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I have noted your answer. monitor it closely and see if it progresses in which case you should have a doctor look at it in person