Noticed knee cap is numb spot. Fingers in hand also feel numb. BP normal but cholesterol high. Suggestions?

Hi, I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I noticed this evening that to the right of my right knee cap is a numb spot. Its worrying me a bit. I dont have any pain, have no back problems and its in this one spot only. My fingers in my right hand are a little numb tonight but i could be panicking a bit as I am very conscious about my knee now. 10 years ago i tripped and fell outside my door while carrying my son and in order to not drop him, i landed on my knees and there has been a clicking and crunching sound ever since but again with no pain. I have recently started running and run up to 5k now. I am on no medication, BP is normal but cholesterol has been high in the past. I am in reasonably good health, however i am a little overweight. I weigh 150lbs and am 5ft 2'. Thank you for taking the time to read this. P.s. There is a terrible family history of everything you can think of. Thanks, XXXXX
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

This may be Osteoarthritis of the right knee developed due to the trauma you sustained years ago.

The trauma has injured the inner structures of your knee(Meniscus and ligaments).
That is the reason for the clicking sound.

This injury has complicated into OA knee.

You need a complete knee evaluation.

1. MRI of the knee.

2. Weight bearing to the knee should be minimal.

3. Physiotherapy.

Consult an orthopedician.