Noticed foul smelling urine. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
My urine smells like garbage. Its been worst when I hold it a little too long. I know there are several reason why this may be but if would be helpful if you could give me ALL of the most serious possible problem......then if you could most least possible problem. Much appreciative and thank you.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be due to UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query based on te facts that you have posted it appears that you are passing faul smelling urine since last couple of weeks, I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem, 1)Do you have any urinary symptoms like frequency of urination,burning .urgency etc? 2)Do you have fever? 3) Is your diabetic well controlled ? 4) Do you take vitamin suppliments ? 5)Do you drink sufficient water ? In majority of case causes of faul smelling urine is Urinary tract infection (UTI) .Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out organisms causing tis infection and antibiotic \s to which they are sensitive to. Second common cause is dehydration .If one drinks less water urine becomes concentrated which has strong odour. Taking vitamin suppliments and certain medication can cause faul smeling urine, Taking Aspharagus and more garlic.onions.cofee can also lead to pass faul smeling urine. Please check your Blood sugar levels to find out whether your diabetes is well controlled or not. Drink more water at frequent intervals so that you passs atleast 1500 ml of urine in 24 hours. Hope I have answered your query .Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.I shall be happy to address the same. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- What does tr in urine mean
- What are the causes of clumps of mucus in urine
- What are the side effects of interferon alfa-2b and ribavirin?
- Noticed foul smelling urine what could be the reason
- What could be the reason for getting urine smell
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of ibandronate?
- What is the cause of foul smelling urine
- Tiny black bugs in urine
- Is skin rash, hives, or itching a side effect of lupron depot?
- What does a mushy prostate mean
- What could be the reason for urine irritation
- Is red, irritated eyes a side effect of lansoprazole/naproxen?
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of hydrocodone/pseudoephedrine?
- What causes frequent urination and foul smell in urine
- Pus cells in urine normal range for 3 months baby