Noticed fluctuating high blood pressure. Should I be concerned?

Jul 2012

My husband's blood pressure read 211/114 the first time we checked and checked again a couple minutes later and it read 199/111. He said he would go to our family doctor next week maybe, but shouldn't he see someone sooner? Should we be alarmed?
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
Am a doctor for 20 + years & i dare say you should be seeing a doctor at the earliest..not put it off!
Do not be alarmed but take this seriously as his bravado could put him in a wheel-chair if the Bp rises & causes a stroke!
I urge you to be gentle but do go across to a GP soon. BP medicines should not be stopped as you have. True they cause side effects but there are so many groups nowadays, it is a small matter of tweaking with them till you get a right combination.
Cheers & do hope this was helpful, rational & points you in the direction of making an informed choice! Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD