Noticed drooping of eyelids after using botox injections. How long will it take to get cured?

Hi, i have chronic problem of dry eyes for the last approx 20 years. I am using Artificial tears for years. i developed eye spasm - involuntary flicking [closing/opening] of the eye lids later on. As a last recourse advised injecting Botox to manage it. On second time usage of botox i find drooping in one of the eyes. please let me know if any medicated drops can really help or i have to keep waiting for getting Botox to wear-off. how long the effect of botox can take to totally go away ?
Thank You very much
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 8 hours later

Drooping of eyelids is a rare side effect after Botox injections.

If you have a droopy eyelid because the levator muscle was affected then Apraclonidine eyedrops will work but if your forhead is droopy from too much or too low botox, then the eyelid falls with it and Apraclonidine won't help.

In any case the drooping will go away after three months.

Hope I have answered your query.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah