Noticed dark veins on arm after a massage. Should I be worried?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hello, I am a 25 year old female. I got massage this afternoon and came home and showered. When I got out of the shower I noticed dark, very visible veins running down my right arm shoulders and chest. I have no pain but am very XXXXXXX and this has never happened before. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. It would be helpful if you could post photo of it,but considering your description this is probably normal and there is just prominent vein. During massage, heat or oil and cream application,veins usually dilate and become more visible. This is nothing to worry about. You should visit doctor only if there is pain,redness around it,trombosis, fever and other signs of inflammation. Such infections may happen if there was insect bite or open wound around it. Otherwise,you dont have to be concerned. if this is cosmetic concern for you,you can consult vascular or plastic surgeon and then it can be surgically removed. WIsh you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards