Noticed dark stools after eating a lot of spinach quiche and chinese food. Should I be concerned?

Dec 2012

ive been eating a lot of spiniach quiche lately and also had some chinese food last night. This morning Ive noticed very dark stools in my toilet. The movements are formed normally but like I said they are dark in color. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thank you for posting on XXXXXXX
If you are not presenting with any more signs and symptoms (like abdominal/epigastric pain, vomitting etc) other than dark stools after eating a lot of spiniach quiche and chinese food later, then the dark stool is most likely due to the food you ate and I do not think you should worry. Just do some observations again and try to change your diet, then observe. If this has never happened before, especially after eating a lot spiniach quiche and chinese food, you should not panic either, food digestion is a complex entity and might plays with you at times.
If you get too worried, visit a doctor for closer check up.

Write back if you got any other questions or have some points to add.

Hope this helps
Nsah, MD