Noticed dark mole like on penis. Worried it could be melanoma. What to do?

Hello, I noticed small mole like dark brown dot (approx. 2mm size) on my main penis shaft year ago now I am worried that it got little bit darker and bigger? I am maybe mistaken and exaggerating, but I am worried that it could be melanoma I ve attached picture

I forgot to add that it is almost flat
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later

You are having dark brown colored mole, a melanocytic nevus.

From picture, it seems that it is compound melanocytic nevus.

You do not worry , it is not melanoma at present.

Remember...Asymmetry i.e. part of the mole does not match the other part of mole.. clinch towards melanoma. Irregular border,sudden color change and sudden increase in size and shape may suggest the conversion into melanoma.

But in your case, I do not think about such changes ...

Howevever, you may go for excision biopsy for the firm diagnosis.

Excision will be the safe mode to remove the fear of melanoma.

So, even there is no melanoma and only compound nevus is there, I would like to advise for the excision of the lesion.

For that , you consult the dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Still, if you have any query, please ask.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Follow-up: Noticed dark mole like on penis. Worried it could be melanoma. What to do? 1 hour later
thanks for your answer, I also would like to note that I have same thing two or more on under penis shaft but this one is on top side and its little bit more dark, so maybe you are right they are just moles or its lentigo?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later

Welcome back.

Do not worry. The other lesions also seem to be moles - melanocytic nevi.
You may follow as advised earlier.

Hope this answers your query. If you have no further concerns, please close this discussion.

Wishing you healthy life.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD