Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed dark color on penis head and having pain. Symptoms of STD?

Several days ago I noticed a slight pain in my genitals when I change position. I can urinate fine, without any burning, but the pain is in my penis, in the glans. I pulled open the opening, and I noticed something slightly dark colored. It can't be any type of STI, as I have never been sexually active.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 44 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. You have mentioned in the medical history that you have had kidney stone. People who have kidney stone, often experience micro stones which are passed automatically, but they hurt the wall of urinary tract and cause some micro bleeding. That could be seen as slightly dark colored as you saw.
Could you tell me a little more about your mental history? Is there any history of obsessive compulsive issue or hypochondriasis in it? That information would also be useful for knowing better about the current situation. I wish you a good health and I am waiting for your response.
Follow-up: Noticed dark color on penis head and having pain. Symptoms of STD? 3 hours later
Thank you doctor. Yes, there is definitely a history of OCD, and it's been worse this year. I've never been formally diagnosed with hypochondriasis, but I feel as if my OCD has been manifesting as that these past few months. I think every little thing wrong with me is something major. I've also had issues with depression and anxiety. I've been taking various medications for around 8 years now, with varying results.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 14 hours later
Hi there, thanks for the explanation. OCD can aggravate the problem. It might have been a microscopic bleeding which is not XXXXXXX in many occasions, like stone excretion that was explained. Some people who are very accurate or are over accurate, might magnify it in their mind and it change to a preoccupation.
One of the symptoms of OCD is anxiety which can cause difficulty in sleeping and tremors, palpitations, etc during the day. Do you have any of them?
Follow-up: Noticed dark color on penis head and having pain. Symptoms of STD? 47 hours later
I've been having tremors a lot in the past few months. My psychiatrist thinks it's a side effect of either the OCD or the medication I take. The pain in that area has mostly gone away now, though it's still there some. Thank you for your help doctor.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Hi there, you're most welcome. Let me know about any question if you had especially regarding mental health. Have a nice time.