Noticed bump attached to bottom of tonsil. Started nasal discharge. Concerned

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a flesh colored bump attached to the bottom of my right tonsil. I have no fever, enlarged lymphs, or sore throat. It feels as if something is stuck in my throat. I am accustomed to having tonsil stones, but since I noticed the growth, I haven't noticed many stones. I just noticed today to that on the same side of my throat a little further down, there was another bump like structure on my esophagus area. I have been sneezing more and have a slight increase in nasal drainage. I am very please.
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
A flesh colored nodule on the back of your throat can be due to an inflammatory lesion or a cancerous lesion. This lesion is responsible for the blockage of nasal drainage thus causing a congestion.
You need to get the lesion examined by an ENT specialist and he may advise for a biopsy if felt necessary. Systemic antibiotics and Gargling with warm water mixed with dissolvable aspirin can give additional benefits.
Avoid Acidic Drinks, Spicy Food and Sour Substances.
Consume plenty of water and good fruits and vegetables

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.