Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bubbles on penis side. Cleaning with anti-septic spay and applying antibiotic cream. Any advice?

On the side my penis, I noticed a small bubble one day last year, from the past few days it has become bigger and noticed pu. I cleaned it with anti-septic spay and applied antibiotic cream, it still seem to be taking time. My dentist had given me Amoxicillin 500mg for some dental work i had got done and never used it. I started taking it from today. What would your advise be?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems that a friction blister was developed on the side of your penis, which later got infected.

As you are diabetic, please get your blood sugar (F & PP) tested. If blood sugar level is not under control, you will find difficult to treat it.

If causative organism is sensitive to amoxy and blood sugar is under control, it will improve. Amoxy is to be taken thrice a day.

If blood sugar is under control, but you are not getting response, get culture & sensitivity test of discharge from it done and consult a Skin & VD Specialist.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,