Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood while urinating and kidney hurts. How to treat hematuria?

i urinated blood today and my right kidney hurts every time i go to the clinic to do a urine test they tell me that theres nothing wrong with me what can i do
how can i treat hematuria and how long dose it last
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 20 hours later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
The most common causes of blood in the urine are infection, stone or tumour in the urinary tract.
You need to undergo urine analysis; urine culture and ultrasound scan of the abdomen.
Based on the results, we can proceed.
Blood in the urine is not a disease itself - but a symptom of a disease - which needs to be identified.
Blood thinners can also cause blood in urine but the above causes need to be ruled out.
It is hard to predict the duration and it usually stops to recur again till the underlying problem is completely treated.
Kindly XXXXXXX a urologist who will do the needful.
There is nothing to panic and it is treatable.
Hope this helps, Kindly get back for doubts if any.