Noticed blood after unprotected sex. Is this normal?

Question
I am wondering I had unprotected sex with boyfriend few hrs ago when I went to toilet there was a very little bit of blood what does that mean
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 51 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Blood after sexual intercourse is usually related to mild trauma to the genitalia that can occur during intimacy.
It would resolve spontaneously and does not usually require any treatment.

Treatment is only necessary if there are any tears in the vagina which would not be likely.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Noticed blood after unprotected sex. Is this normal? 5 minutes later
Would little bit of bleeding mean pregnant aswell

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 21 minutes later
Hi, bleeding post intercourse is not an indicator of pregnancy.

Symptoms and signs of pregnancy would start 2 to 3 weeks after conception and may include fatigue, nausea, delayed period, dizziness and mild abdominal discomfort

Feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Noticed blood after unprotected sex. Is this normal? 9 minutes later
Would bleeding accur with any sort of stds

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 8 hours later
Bleeding can occur with STDs if the genitalia becomes extremely inflamed, but again these would not present immediately and cannot be responsible for an acute episode of bleeding.
Every infection has an incubation period, this is the time between which the person is exposed to the bacteria or virus and the time of onset of symptoms.
The incubation period is days, at least 3 to 4 days, so the bleeding would not be a sign or symptom of an acute infection.

The symptoms of an STD infection vary according to the STD involved but generally would be vaginal discharge, discomfort on urination and in some cases abdominal pain.