Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bleeding from testicles or scrotum. No pain only redness. Applied candid lotion. Suggest?

I had this bleeding from my testicles or scrotum in the night that continued for fifteen minutes. Eventually I could sto it by applying some pressure to the area with a cloth. There was no pain or discernible cuts. Only redness on the testicles. I woke from my sleep due to the bleeding. I had applied candid lotion in my groin areas due to minor itching the previous night.

The bleeding dripped down to my legs.

The incident occurred four days back and since then there has been no problem.

I believe, I had encountered the same problem when I had marked blood stain on my cloth six years ago.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 47 minutes later

Bleeding from scrotum and testis area can only occur from the skin as there is no other passage for the blood to come out.

Possibilities are that the skin is damaged either because of infection ( Fungal or bacterial) or you have injured the area by excessive itching and scratching of that area.

To diagnose the problem you have to examine that area and see from where the blood is coming and how is the skin in that area.

If any skin lesions are there you have to XXXXXXX a skin specialist and in case there is any local area of ulcer or enlargement of one of the testis you have to XXXXXXX uro-surgeon.

As you have described it appears a benign thing and should not recur.

best wishes,
if any other questions please ask.
Follow-up: Noticed bleeding from testicles or scrotum. No pain only redness. Applied candid lotion. Suggest? 5 hours later
There aren't any skin lesions in the area.

And there is no localised ulcer visible to eye. But my right testicle is slightly larger than the left one – a condition in existence since my early days. There is more flesh in the upper portion of the right testicle and there hasn’t been any pain or anything like that.

Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 38 minutes later
I think you should XXXXXXX a uro surgeon for local examination of the testis . If skin is fine there is no reason for bleed. So dont worry. Next time also when you have bleed examine the skin that time.

Bye for now