Noticed black spots in stool of a child. Could it be worm eggs?

my 2 yr old has tiny black spots in in her poo . she underweight and has been since she was 8 months old she goes to a pediatric and a dietition . could it be worm eggs . and maybe they've missed it. pls get me.. its a endless battle to get her to put on weight.. from rihannas mother XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern as a mother. The weight gain after the first year is very gradual and usually not appreciable every month. Hence you should not worry unduly as long as Rihanna is active and playful.

The black spots in the stool are not worms or eggs. They can be present due to the things Rihanna has eaten. If you are still worried then get her stool examined for ova and cyst.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarification or would like to share any further facts.

Wishing Rihanna all the best.