Noticed black coloration on penis. No pain or itching. How to get rid of this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
the lower part of the my penis is turning from pink to black and has now covered a upper area of the XXXXXXX also, it neither pains nor itches. it just started as a small dot and spreaded slowly. please help me out from this embrassing situation
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 43 minutes later
I have seen all the pictures attached with the query.
The black coloration on the glans seems to be due to pigmentation caused by a chronic irritation. Since there is no pain or itching in the area, it seems to be a harmless pigmentation. This is not likely to be associated with any infections.
If there are any other symptoms as pain, discharge, itching and it has been present since long kindly consider visiting your Primary Physician so that appropriate treatment can be started after doing proper investigations.
You can start taking Vitamin E supplements and see if the pigmentation improves.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Noticed black coloration on penis. No pain or itching. How to get rid of this? 15 minutes later
it does not pain nor irrates but the skin generally looks dry. i hope that this symptoms is not related to any XXXXXXX infections so could you please prescribe me possible oinments that could reduce the darkness apart from vitamin e so that i can try before the visit any primary physican as it would be a really embrassing situation for me!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You can apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kojic acid on the dark patches.
The pigmentation is not due to any infections.
However if the pigmentation persists then topical bleaching agents, chemical peels and laser therapy may be needed. These are available only under prescription and hence a dermatologist should be consulted for these treatment options.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.