Noticed black color stool after taking zinnat. Suggest
User rating for this question
dear doctor yesterday I had a martial art test and gets hit by a baseball bat on my stomach and a wooden sword .. I did feel pain but not that much after that I had I visit a clinic for my inner ear problem and the doctor gave me an antibiotic called zinnat what I have been notice that my stool become black and I'm a bit worried about it because I search the net and most of the articles point that it's a bleeding problem how could I know if it is or not thanks
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Side effect Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) This appears to be due to cefuroxime ( Zinnat) tablets you are taking. 2) In some individuals, these tablets do cause intolerance and black or clay coloured stools. 3) Please stop the antibiotic immediately and see ear doctor for alternative medicine and ask him if its ok not to take antibiotic. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist.
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of aveeno?
- Is dark urine a side effect of xanax?
- Fetal movements at 33 weeks
- 33 week pregnant fever and nausea
- Noticed black color stool after taking zinnat suggest
- Stabbing feeling 33 weeks
- Is constipation a side effect of yaz?
- 33 weeks pregnant floaters
- Taking zinnat and dehydration
- Red dots after zinnat
- Foamy urine 33 weeks pregnant
- Why i feel drowsy after taking zinnat
- Zinnat after 8 hours
- Is wheezing a side effect of acthar?
- Is bruising a side effect of acthar?