Not feeeding on Amulspray and Farex. Drink lot of water. Any medications to increase hungry?

Hi, My son is 5 months old now and is on formula (Amulspray and from a month on Farex) since he was 4 months old. he left mother's milk for some unknown reasons. now he is not taking formula also but drinks a lot of water. he cries a lot if i dont give him water. so whole day he is just on 10 to 12 ounce of milk and rest water. I am worried about his health. So wanted to know if i can give him fruit juices and glucon D or instead of plain water?
Or can i syrup which enhances his hunger can be prescribed to him?
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Yes, you can give him fruit juices and Glucose water. Since he is 5 months now his digestive system is ready for regular foods and also he is not on breast milk.

Do take care that they are served to him in a clean and healthy way.

I do not recommend any appetizer syrups for a 5 month old as they can disturb his intestines.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.