Nose too long. Can plastic surgery be done to get in shape?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Hi Doctor,
My wife's nose is too long, It don't suits for her . Can we go for plastic surgery to get into shape?
Is it good to go with plastic surgery?
Is their any side effects after surgery?
Please share some good hospital or doctors name, if you know in Bangalore and
approximate cost of surgery.
find the attached image of her nose.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Surindher 7 days later
Brief Answer:
Hi, Yes Rhinoplasty can be done

Detailed Answer:
Plastic Surgery of the nose is called "Rhinoplasty" and is done to reshape the nose according to the problem that one might have.

I had a look at the picture attached, yes we can do a reduction Rhinoplasty for her. We need to reduce the long nose septum and the cartilages to reduce the length of the nose.

This can be done via a closed or an open approach. I prefer to do it via the closed approach or closed Rhinoplasty.

Side effects are related to the healing phase which is about 3 months post surgery, in the form of some numbness, swelling, dryness of skin. It takes about 3-4 months for the final result to be seen once the skin shrinks. Sometimes rarely, after 6 months some minor revisions may be required in about 2 % cases.

Please visit a Plastic surgeon for this and not a ENT surgeon or a dentist ( Facio maxillary surgeon) for this problem and you should have predictable results.

What exactly needs to be done has to be decided after examining your wife and a one on one consultation.

Im based in Bangalore, if you want you can XXXXXXX me and read more about the procedure from my website mentioned below.

Rates can vary from @ 60,000-1.5 lacs depending on the hospital and room when done by an experienced plastic surgeon. Duration of surgery will be around 2- 2 n half hours and you can go home the same evening.

Thank you for using WWW.WWWW.WW
Wishing her all the best for her surgery.