Nose surgery done. Noticed crust inside nostril. Suggested apricot oil. No relief. Any solution?

I had a nose job a week ago, just got cast removed. Hardly any pain but the crusting inside my nostrils is very uncomfortable and irritating. Doctor gave me apricot oil to treat it but its not doing much. I feel like putting something thicker like Vaseline or neosporin would be more effective and relieving but am concerned about dissolvable stitches inside my nose. I assume if Vaseline or neosporin were options, my doctor would have suggested I use them, but he only gave me this oil. I don't want to go against what doctor suggested but am desperate for relief. Is there any reason I should not use Vaseline or neosporin in this case?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 24 minutes later

After the surgery, the nose may be cleaned on the outside with cotton-tipped swabs that have been moistened with hydrogen peroxide, but it is important that it is not rubbed too vigorously. This can be followed by some saline spray and mupurocin ointment/ Neosporin ointment. But it will be best that you discuss it with your operating surgeon before applying any Mupirocin or Neosporin ointment.

Coating of Vaseline can loosen crusts but application of Neosorpin is better.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.