Nose blockage with sinus problem and ear infection. Proper treatment?

ENT Specialist
Question
I have a problem with my right sinusis blocking at night which is causing sleep problems. It started from a ear infection i got from a swimming pool just before christmas, antibiotics have not worked. I am getting better results from a saline wash.As a child I nearly drowned so when the nose blocks i do tend to panic a bit.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 2 hours later

Welcome to H.C.M. for consulting.

I read your query about your problem of nasal obstruction of right side which disturb your sleep.

I would like to tell you that your ear infection usually can't enter the sinuses while on the other hand sinus infection can enter the ear. So I am suspecting some local pathology in your right nose, it may be -
(1) Deviated nasal septum.
(2) Nasal polyp in right nose.
(3) Maxillary sinusitis ( right sided).
(4) Hypertrophied turbinates.
(5) Choncha bullosa (right side).
(6) growth in nasopharynx.

To find out the correct abnormality you should take out your M.R.I. of paranasal sinuses. This MRI will confirm the diagnosis, and accordingly your problem can be managed.

With Regards.