Normal platelet count and elevated MPV. Having pre-eclampsia. Elevated MPV an independent risk for ACS?

I have a normal platelet count and elevated MPV. This has been consistent on my last 2 labs a year apart. I'm a 57 yr old female. Of note, I have a h/o pre- eclampsia ( hear there's a relationship). I'm very concerned because this may be an independent risk factor for ACS. How do I correct this? Diet, lifestyle, supplements? Of note, on on a plant based diet - no dairy either. Thank you for your help.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hematology concerns

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query. This is an excellent question.

I am wondering what your total platelet count is. I have not seen convincing data to suggest that an elevated MPV is an independent risk cor ACS.

A remote history of eclampsia also would not have a signifiant influence on this current issue.

Sometimes an autoimmune condition can lead to lower number of total platelets and sometimes an increased MPV but in your case I do not see this as a risk factor for cardiac disease. If you have copies of your recent CBC results please share those here - upload or summarize data if possible.

Dr. Galamaga