Normal cycle, 11 days delayed periods, negative pregnancy tests. Kidney infection or pregnancy ?

I am normally a 34 day cycle but now i am 11 days late with my period, i went to doctor as all pregnancy tests were negative but doctor told me i have kidney infection and would not do a blood test for pregnany as she said it was too early. Could i still be pregnant as would a kidney infection stop my period?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 7 minutes later

Its quite possible that you might still be pregnant. Since your are past your dates by 11 days, you can get a Beta-HCG testing done. Its a simple blood test and very sensitive even in early periods of pregnancy. Urine Dip Stick Tests usually become positive a little later.

Kidney infection will need a course of antibiotics. Any stress can delay the periods. However, since you did not have any signs of infection, you must rule out pregnancy before attributing you delay of menses to infection.

Hope this answers your query.
Do get back if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran