Norma for a child to have reddish itchy skin? Vodka and grape juice did not cause it. What allergy can it be?

Dermatologist
Question
Is it common for a child’s skin to become red and itch near the eyes after dirking a little of wine?
We tried with vodka and nothing happened, none of the juice’s including grape juice seem to cause it.
The problem seems to appear minutes after drinking wine and last also some minutes.
I know my sister got none of the common allergies.
For now we have only recognized wine as the trigger.
Could this be caused by hereditable, Allergies, germs, bacteria or anything else?
What can be done?
I will appreciated, thanks.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 11 hours later
Hello
Your problem is very simple. Wine can cause urticaria. The classical symptoms resolve in a few minutes and does not leave any trace of the disease.
It is to a particular beverage.
It is not caused by bacteroa or virus.
The best treatment is stopping the offending agent
At times it may be so bad and can produce chocking sensation also.
If the problem persists even after stopping wine consult a dermatologist or try anti histamines if available across the counter.
The problem is not heritable
Have a healthy day
Prasad pvs