Non-healing sebaceous cyst on the temple area. Lab test found malignant cells. Will it spread if removed?

I have been treated for a sebacaous cyst that wont heal now the lab has found malignant cells with aratio of 80/20 that it is cancer its on the side of my temple can you tell me will this spread if removed
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 3 hours later

Usually a sebaceous cyst wont lead to cancer and also it doesn't heal on its own. A sebaceous cyst needs to be squeezed out and the cyst wall also has to be removed along with.

If at all it has come positive for cancer, then there is a rule which onco-surgeon follow while removing a malignant tissue. They remove it leaving a normal zone around it. This would not let it spread further. The best judge would be a onco -surgeon who would perform the surgery on you.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries’.

Follow-up: Non-healing sebaceous cyst on the temple area. Lab test found malignant cells. Will it spread if removed? 1 hour later
the cyst was removed but would not heal even though they took out the sack, can it go elsewhere. or would the cancer be confined to the temple I have heard there are 3 types of skin cancer, and I am worried it will go somewhere else in my body
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 17 hours later

A sebaceous cyst does not spread, as its not a infectious condition. But a malignant cell can spread though rare. Kindly find a doctor who can perform MOHS SURGERY for you if possible.This surgery insures complete removal of the malignant cell. Early removal will prevent it from spreading to other sites.

“ Wish you Good Health”