Noise when stretching hands, taking physiotherapy for tennis elbow. Have arthritis. Which x-ray to take?

when I stretch my hands, it makes noise
I am currently taking physiotherapy treatment for tennis elbow.My job involves working on computor for long hours. I have arthritis on both my legs. Recently, I had a physical done, my HDL is at 24 and hemoglobin is 12. All other parameters are fine.
If you suggest me to take an X-Ray please let me know which X-Ray should I take.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 5 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Noise while stretching your hands is a common occurrence and not something you should be worrying about. However, I would like to discuss two specific things here:
a. Do you have any pain or swelling or redness in the hands?
b. Also, when you work on the computer , its important you maintain a proper posture. The following link will help educate you on the best posture while working on a computer.
WWW.WWWW.WW Also, you should take a break every 1 hour and just walk around / stretch. This will help prevent work related injuries.
The tennis elbow would not be contributing to this and you should continue taking physiotherapy.
A Xray is not needed unless you have pain/swelling/redness in the hands/ arms.
As far as the HDL is concerned, it is extremely low. You should start exercising for atleast 40-50 minutes daily. You can do a brisk walk or whatever you like. Also, the hemoglobin is low for your age. I would like to know the other parameters like MCV, MCH and MCHC and peripheral smear findings ( they would be in the same report you got) . Also, has a colonoscopy been done for you?
Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Noise when stretching hands, taking physiotherapy for tennis elbow. Have arthritis. Which x-ray to take? 1 hour later

Thanks very much for a prompt response. there is no swlling or redness in the elbow. I guess I was worried for 2 reasons.

1. I have pain in elbow (I guess this is because of Tennis elbow)
2. I am alredy sufferung from arthritis for my knees.

I have my reports in Hyderabad, that is where my family lives. I will let you know the details when I am home during the weekend.

I wanted to respond and close the chain. Looks like there is no option.

Honestly, I am happy with your response. I will close this once you respond.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 8 hours later
Thank you for the feedback. We can surely discuss this in greater detail once you're back home.
Dr Aparna