Ask a Urologist   »  

No urinal symptoms while sleeping but wake up due to abdominal uneasiness and passing urine in night. Suggest?

Hello Doctor, my health issue is, no urinal symptoms at bed condition/while sleeping(waking up due to abdominal uneasiness and passing urine in the night) but it is OK in the day time/sitting/standing position. What kind of disceas it is?..which doctor i suppose to consult..i.e urologist or general physicion?..Please advice.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 31 minutes later
It is important that you do get some tests done before we can say if you have a problem or not. I suggest you get a basic urine analysis done. You should get an ultrasound study of abdomen with a full bladder and after you have emptied the bladder. A uroflowmetry will also be useful to exclude any question of obstruction. Even if you are comfortable during daytime I feel that your night symptoms require your visiting a Urologist with the reports and most likely will need treatment.
Hope I have been of help.
Follow-up: No urinal symptoms while sleeping but wake up due to abdominal uneasiness and passing urine in night. Suggest? 9 minutes later
Hello Doctor, for CNBP problem, i am examining urine, blood & USG regularly once in 3 0r 6months..all reports are normal. No permanent cure for CNBP till now and urinal symptom is the additional problem. I have all the test reports. No abnormalities found so far. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 6 minutes later
This is the usual feature of CNBP and all the reports are indeed normal. If there is any problem with the uroflow you might benefit from use of alpha-blockers but of flow is normal you might require drugs belonging to a class known as anti-cholinergics but this decision is isisllu made after a clinical examination by a Urologist.