No prostrate conditions, hair fall, on 1000 mg of pumpkin seed oil capsules for safety. Okay to take ?

Question
danger of pumpkin seed oil capsules , i use 1000 mg of pumpkin seed oil daily after dinner , i dont suffer from any prostate conditions , just for safety . i also red that they are good to lower cholestrol and vlood pressure , also good to prohibite testosterone from converting to Dihydrotestosterone which causes hair loss , which im suffering from . is it ok for someone does not suffer from prostate to take this capsule ? is 1000 mg too much ? and if its ok to take it , when is the best time to take it ? thank you
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

The pumpkin seed oil has long been used in many folk remedies. In recent years, several studies have been conducted to determine the medicinal effects of pumpkin seed oil. Research has revealed the numerous health benefits of pumpkin seed oil including a beneficial effect on hairs.

Pumpkin seed oil has, so far, not been found to cause negative side effects (beyond mild stomach upset). If you are taking it for quite some time and tolerating well then you can continue taking these.

These do not show any detrimental effect on prostate.

The best time would be to take these half an hour before any meal once in a day.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: No prostrate conditions, hair fall, on 1000 mg of pumpkin seed oil capsules for safety. Okay to take ? 6 hours later
hi , thanks for the fast reply, but i have two more questions please :

1. dont you think that 1000 mg of pumpkin seed oil is too much for one capsule ?

2. is it ok to take it at my age ? 38 . i heared it is better for old people not my age

thank you dr.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

1. 1000mg is the normal adult dose and is not an excess does for you. Ayurvedic preparations are always taken in larger doses as the active ingredients are not purified like allopathic medicines.

2. You can easily take these at 38years of age without worrying for the side effects.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Regards.

Follow-up: No prostrate conditions, hair fall, on 1000 mg of pumpkin seed oil capsules for safety. Okay to take ? 2 minutes later
sorry dr . but i forgot to mention that the pharmacist i bought from told me to have the capsule before bedtime , while i red on the internet that i should take it after a meal , now you are telling me to take it before a meal , im confused dr.

thank you .

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Hello.

To avoid side effects like gastric problem or indigestion, these are asked to take after meals.

But if there are no such complaints then taking it before meals will allow best absorption of the active ingredients.

Regards.