No history of injury or trauma. What causes redness and swelling of the upper portion of ear helix?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 51 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
It can be a swollen lymph node or some local collection of pus.I hope no ear piercing has been done as ear piercing is very common to cause such types of swelling.
Treatment shall require oral antibiotics or drainage if swelling is large enough.
For pain anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen 400 mg three times may be used.
Since it requires visual inspection,I advise you to consult your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else.
Best of luck.
People also viewed
- Upper eyelid swollen whats wrong
- Blunt force trauma injuries
- White things on eyelid
- Treatment and cure for hyperacusis
- Treatment and cure for airway obstruction
- Treatment and cure for hyperinsulinemia
- High mch and mcv ezmea
- Ear slap causing ear trauma
- Upper arm trauma bruising injury and treatment
- Shin trauma injury lump
- Eyesight pins and needles face
- Orange floaters in eyesight
- Treatment and cure for dyspareunia
- Head traumas cause bleeding ears
- Treatment and cure for dysplasia