No history of injury or trauma. What causes redness and swelling of the upper portion of ear helix?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 51 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
It can be a swollen lymph node or some local collection of pus.I hope no ear piercing has been done as ear piercing is very common to cause such types of swelling.
Treatment shall require oral antibiotics or drainage if swelling is large enough.
For pain anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen 400 mg three times may be used.
Since it requires visual inspection,I advise you to consult your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else.
Best of luck.
People also viewed
- Blunt force trauma injuries
- Inside of mouth has a weird texture
- Can my laryngitis affect the fetus
- Ear slap causing ear trauma
- Sharp pain inside nose
- Upper arm trauma bruising injury and treatment
- Shin trauma injury lump
- Dry cough continuous coughing throat red
- Sore throat no fever body achenegative strep taking augmentin
- Stringy tissue inside mouth
- Itching in throat after pharyngitis cough monteck-lc cure
- White skin tag inside of mouth
- Skin tags inside mouth
- Head traumas cause bleeding ears
- Is clarithromycin for tonsillitis safe during pregnancy