No hair regeneration, balding, on foltene treatment. Medical tips.

I am a 43 year old, 5'11" healthy Indian male who has been suffering from receding hair line and balding since the last 8 years. Regular hair loss is minimal, but hair regeneration is the main issue. Currently using Foltene treatment with minimal benefits. Looking for some good viable tips/medication which could help
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Hair loss and receding hair line is associated with various factors as hereditary,overproduction of hormone testosterone,prolonged illness and nutritional deficiency.
Though at this age hair regeneration seems to be a difficult issue especially if it is hereditary but you may follow some suggestions

1. After washing the hair with cold water rub the scalp with fingers as it increases blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
2.Apply lavender oil 3 times a week during night on the scalp and wash off next day.It promotes hair regeneration.
3.Take mixture of lettuce and spinach juice about half a litre daily as it increases hair growth.
The Foltene treatment which you are using is a Multivitamin complex and would have been prescribed assuming nutritional deficiency, you may continue it .

If nothing helps at all then you can look for options as Hair weaving and Laser treatment which are very much popular though a bit costly.

You may consult a Dermatologist for the same.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.