No bites, no rash, irritation around pubic area. Scabies or not?

Scabies or not?

I was recently diagnosed with scabies??? I have no bites, no rash, just irritated around my piubic area, I am not even very itchy, just mildly itchy here and there, I did the whole permetherin thing...My question is can you have scabies for a week and a half and have no outside signs, I know there is an incubation type period of 4 top 6 weeks, but I had this irritation for about a week and a half mind you no rash, and I am prone to itchy or chaffed genital areas, especially when the seasons change or I sweat or do not rinse well...I went to the dr to ask about jock itch before I put the cream on, I guess it is possible to just have an itchy pubic area? I just completely cleaned my house office clothes etc...any second opinion would be nice before I go crazy..Thanks
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 11 hours later

Your problem is really interesting. I teach my students that scabies should have three classical features like severe generalized itching nocturnal itching and family history of itching. However rarely localized areas may be affected. You have been treated for that also. Now you don't seem to have scabies. Itching on the genitalia may simply be due to excessive sweating and secretion of apocrine or scent glands. Simple dusting or anti fungal powders and calamine lotion will suffice.

Prasad pvs