Neuroencrine tumour in lung and pancreas. Suggested right lung removal. Recent mother. What to do?

I need some opinions..problem is a neuroencrine tumour in lung and pancreas...they said that one tumour is located in the main vein of lung and the right lung should be removed.Can happily live my long life doing my daily routine? 25 year old and recent mother with a 2 month old baby..
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Though this is not the best question to be answered by a GP I will try my best. This should actually be posted for a specialist opinion to an Oncologist and Endocrine team.

Carcinoid tumors of the lungs are common variety as a part of NET (neuroendocrine tumors). They are removed by surgery. The quality and survival depends on the spread to neighboring nodes. However the carcinoid tumor have better prognosis than other lung tumors. They possess an overall 5-year survival rate of 78-95% and a 10-year survival rate of 77-90%. This means a better chance to live happily. However follow up are important after the lung tumor resection. They are followed clinically and by plain chest Xray examination every 2-3 months for the first year after surgery. If no evidence of recurrence is discovered within this period, surveillance intervals are extended to every 6 months.

You can post follow up.