Nerves fluttering across forehead, taking Aspirin and cod liver oil, history of lower back complaints. Cause?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
The nerves across my forehead are constantly fluttering. It started Dec 2010 and has continued ever since with one or two short periods when it has stopped. I am male 63 5'11" 14 stone in good health apart from lower back complaints. I am not on medication but take 75mg of aspirin a day plus other other natural remedies such as cod liver oil etc. What can be causing this fluttering ?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later

I assume that the nerves fluttering across your forehead refers to the nerves twitching and not the blood vessels engorgement on your temple ..please accept my apology if I am mistaken and provide a more detailed history if you feel the necessity
Now considering that this nerve twitching , the most likely causes for such a neuropathy would be age related changes, or nutritional vitamin b complex deficiency, or alcoholism or stress or idiopathic i.e. no specific cause.
To establish the cause one needs to consult a neurologist who will take a detailed history, examine your sensory
system and reflexes,, may conduct few investigation s like blood counts , blood sugar, vitamin b , c reactive protein etc.and determine the exact cause and start appropriate treatment accordingly.
Your medications are not likely to cause such a side effect t though I cannot comment on any natural remedies .
Your lower back pain seems unrelated since it must be longstanding whereas this symptom is of recent onset.
Kindly assure that you have a balanced diet or a multivitamin supplement daily, practice breathing exercises or just go for a walk daily, and try to avoid stress.
If the problem persists then you should seek neurologist opinion.
Hope I have answered your query.
I wil be available for any follow up queries.