Negative HIV test. Is it enough to confirm?

Cardiologist
Question
I have a doubt that i may have infected by HIV
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Good Morning,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. We get HIV test (preliminary test) for every test whom we take for a procedure, for the consent is implicit. Consent is implicit as it is blood transfusion centers in India. Anonymity is maintained and should it turn to be positive either the patient or he/she is minor a responsible attendant is informed. Each preliminary test costs us about Rs 300/-. Consent of the patient in other situations is mandatory by Indian Law. So, have your pick give your consent as confidentiality is strictly maintained you have no fear for God forbid it is positive you would need a confirmatory test and possibly prophylactic treatment, so have no fear go get the test done and remove the doubt plaguing your mind. Good Luck. There are plenty of laboratories in Banglore who do this test professionally maintaining confidentiality.

With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Negative HIV test. Is it enough to confirm? 2 days later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your answer. I have taken a test and they have mentioned it as negative.
They have made the test in the card way just to identify whether its negative or positive also they said that's enough.

Is that OK to confirm.

Thanks, XXXXXXX K

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 50 minutes later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX
Thanks for getting back.
The test is specific enough to donate blood so I believe it should be enough. I guess you need not stress yourself with worry. If you do not have any query for me to answer you close your query with comments and stars for the service which you feel.

With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW