Negative HIV combi immunoassay test, negative rapid test. Should I go for Western Blot test?

Question
Hello i had a hiv combi immunoessay test after 3 months and 14 days it was negative
and had a rapid test of 15 mins after 6 and 28 days both were negative
do you think i must go for any other test say western blot
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
HIV combo test is a fourth generation test and is highly sensitive test to detect p24 antigen and HIV antibody test.
Since you have been tested negative at 3 and a half months,after the exposure,this sufficiently rules out any HIV infection,since by 3 months the antibodies are sufficiently formed.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Negative HIV combi immunoassay test, negative rapid test. Should I go for Western Blot test? 2 days later
hi i had forgot to tell you that i had a rapid test in south africa

after 6 months and 28 days it was also negative .

i had actually gone for western blot test and waiting for results on 9 th of this month

what do you think would be the result.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
It is going to be negative.No doubts about it.
Thanks