Need information on the musculoskeletal changes in the human body from childhood to adulthood

An adult has 206 bones in his/her body. How does the musculoskeletal system change from birth to adulthood? What are the steps that the system goes through from childhood to adulthood to reach 206 bones?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 22 minutes later

Thanks for your query.I will try my best to explain you.

There are a total of 206 bones in a human body and it includes a small bone which is present inside the XXXXXXX ear of a person.
The bones are not perfectly formed as there is a gap between then and they are just maintained in place with help of muscles and ligaments as in a small child.
Slowly as the child grows the bones;muscles;ligaments increase in size gradually till the child achieves a certain age.
Depending upon the development and the age of the child one by one the bones start getting fused;the muscles increase accordingly and the gap is closed.
The last fusion of the bones take place in females around 18 yrs and in male child around 21 yrs.By this age the development of the body gets completed.
After this time there is no increase in hieght as the gap closes and no extension is possible.
This is just a short summary of what happens in a human life during his growth years.
For detailed study regarding the growth you can contact your family physician and discuss it and even get a book of Human anatomy where in there will be a detailed description of the growth of musculoskeletal system.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.